Getting to the island of Limnos is easy. Now how can this be done?
The island of Limnos is served by the port of Myrina and Moudros and the local airport. Usually the ferries and flights change throughout the year and they reach their peak during the summer months.
- By plane from Europe through: the UK, Thomas Cook (Nielson), BA (Mark warner).
- By plane through domestic flights: from Athens with Olimpic Air and from Thessaloniki with Astra Airlines. Usually there are one or two flights per day, coming from and going to Athens. There are also extra charters during the summer. The flight from Athens lasts 40 min.
- By ferry: the ferries from Limnos depart from Piraeus (Athens) with duration 24h; from Lavrio (Athens) with duration 10h; from Kavala with duration 4.30h, from Alexandropouli with duration 7h. The ferries travel 4 or 5 times a week. The companies who operating are: Hellenic Seaways and SAOS.
When traveling with a ferry, people should always check with the port police if the ferry will operate, since breakdowns, very strong winds and strikes are possible.
There are several car rental companies offering low-budget vehicles that operate on the island. Booking a rental car in advance is advisory, especially in the peak season from late July to late August. Almost all destinations on Limnos have decent driveways. Speedy traffic and drunk driving are not tolerated. We recommend www.garofalisrental.com.
From Myrina Port to the houses:
Take the road to the airport, then follow the directions to Plaka. When you reach Kondopouli take the road to Kaliopi
then follow the signs to Keros beach. The drive to the houses is aprox. 30 minutes.
The houses are right next to Agia Eleni Chapel, as can be seen by the address: 1 Agia Eleni Road.
From Limnos Airport to the houses:
Follow the instructions above. The drive to the houses is aprox. 10 minutes.
Tours – We recommend – http://tastelemnos.com/
Useful phone numbers
The area code of Greece is +30 9 to be added if calling from a cell phone using roaming. Below are presented the important numbers that might be of need on the island:
- Police – 22540 22200
- Port Police – 22540 22225
- Bus Station – 22540 22464
- Hospital/Ambulance – 22543 50400
- Fire brigade – 22540 22199